First we need to set up your username password for your WiFi router(netgear,bsnl) . Read the tutorial to setup your router to automatically connect to the internet . If you are wi-fi tethering your Iphone to be used as a router , you need not follow the above tutorial.
Steps to Setup WiFi on iPhone 5 :
- Goto Settings , Select WiFi
- Turn your WiFi to ON
- Under WiFi Networks choose a network. Please note that your WiFi router must be enabled and broadcasting so that your iPhone – iPod touch can detect it here .
- Select the network of your Choice . If it asks for any security key / WEP , enter the code for authorization that you have set up in your router .
- If you have a Hidden SSD , then you have to choose Other and then type the network name to add it on your iPhone 5 iPod.
- Keep HTTP Proxy at Auto or OFF and IP address to DHCP to automatically assign IP address to your device
- Keep Ask To Join Networks to On so that your device can automatically connect to the network when it is in range